Wednesday, March 28, 2007

clutter

(This was written way back in 2004 for my Yahoo! Group, the DWRT chatters and for want of a new piece to post, I am re-writing this because I am so busy these days and this piece have defined my state of mind during those times.)

January 2, 2004, 5:48 A.M.


Hello guys,

.......To start of.......Greetings for the New Year to all RT chatters!!! I guess everyone must have drowned with each slug of beer, gin n tonic, capuccino or what-have-you, the last of 2003's bummers, broken promises, pulled deltoids, coffee overdoses, endless traffic, acidic stomachs and relationships that went pfft!

And now is the time to clean up some clutter, huh? Ok.

So one sleepy, late afternoon while lounging on the rug, I slipped into my CD player Sarah McLaughlan's SURFACING because I just have to listen to 'Angels' and be Nicolas Cage for just one bit, hehehe....FFWD to Track 7.....but hark and hearken well......because instead of Sarah's cool and cascading voice, came out these soft, low and moaning sounds from a not so angelic voice of someone on the thrall of sheer, sexual pleasure!

Ooops! Wrong disc, bwuseeet! Just then my sleepy brooding self, hitherto absorbed in some nootime musings, suddenly eyed upon my bookshelf......six o' clock........a six level amalgam of...what's an amalgam you might ask? Ok, a jumble of books purchased at some bookstore- whose name is the Latin word for a ruler of men (not exactly my idea of Erap!), some novels with mostly hardbound coverings, some discarded comic books and magazines, columns and columns of CDs, masking tapes, DVDs and casette tapes! But lo! and behold, because there's more than meets the eye! Behind those books of Reyes, Paras and Azucena lurks a pile of clutter in this side of the world.....spent printer ribbons, an MPEG video card, a broken U.S. Robotics 33.6 bps modem (think how fast can you get with a 386DX, 8 MB RAM, 2 MB hardisk PC way back.........oh, never mind!) floppy disc copies of Prince of Persia (DOS version, guys), Banner, Norton Commander, GIF Images files of Ruffa who?, plus several pieces of cellphone housings, rubber bands, playing cards (please bear with me!), BIC ballpens, a broken (again!) floppy disc drive, a box containg Styrofoam, a user's manual for a sound card.....spent batteries!!!!..........aarrrrrggggh.........I never knew I had this pile of GARBAGE!

And so after such awakening (sounds like a mystical experience, eh), what do you suppose I did afterwards?

NOTHING.

Sheesh, I can live with this clutter. I like my bookshelf, God I love my books, I'll just forever be in front of my PC and probably I'll die without my music. Garbage or no, junk and whatnot, I realized I like things as they are. I treasure this special place in my crib where I can indulge in whatever that pleases me the most at the moment I am at my freest time.

So there goes my turning over a new leaf for this new year. So far.

No comments: